The Shimada Group aims to protect a greener natural environment, promote pollution prevention and environmental preservation activities, and “achieve harmony between global environmental preservation and sustainable industrial development through eco-friendly trading company activities” in accordance with the management philosophy “We make sure that we are sincere and in good faith, contribute to company’s enterprising sprit to improve client satisfaction with creativity and originally.
- We will recognize all environmental impacts related to the business activities, products and services of the Shimada Group, and to protect the global environment, we will construct an environmental management system that complies with ISO14001 and environmental protection, including pollution control, and continually improve our environmental management system to improve environmental performance.
- The Shimada Group complies with all relevant laws and regulations, compliance obligations, and other requirements accepted by the Shimada Group.
- Among the environmental impacts related to the business activities, products and services of the Shimada Group, the following items will be addressed as priority issues.
- We will expand sales of environmentally friendly products and provide information.
- We will promote waste reduction through waste management and recycling.
- We will promote reduced CO2 through energy and resource conservation.
- In order to achieve our environmental policy, we will set and review our environmental goals. The review is based on information such as changes in our circumstances, including business and environmental impacts, and the interest of stakeholders.
- In promoting our environmental management activities, we will clarify our policy, objectives and targets, plans, records of activities, etc. through documentation, and share them with the relevant departments and employees.
- We will raise awareness of the environment by conducting environmental education and enlightenment activities for all employees working in the Shimada Group.
- This environmental policy will be disseminated thoroughly to all employees working in the Shimada Group through documents, educational activities, etc. It is also disclosed to the general public.
June 21, 2019
Takashi Ogawa, President Director
- Certified Offices
- SHIMADA&CO.,LTD Group
Head Office, Tokyo Branch Office, Nagoya Office, Hiroshima Office, Fukuoka Office, and SHOWA GOSEI Co., Ltd.
- Applicable standards
- ISO14001:2015 / JISQ14001:2015
- Scope of Application
- The environmental management system shall apply to all business activities in SHIMADA&CO.,LTD Group, including “Industrial Chemicals ,” “Plastic Materials and Products,” “Films, Seats and Packaging Materials,” “Highly Functional Materials,” “Pulp and Lignin Products,” and “Civil Engineering and Building Materials,” as well as all employees working in SHIMADA&CO.,LTD Group.
- Date of acquisition
- March 11, 2011
- Registration Number
- Certification agency
- THE HIGH PRESSURE GAS SAFETY INSTITUTE OF JAPAN(KHK)